We all want a healthy glowing bronzed look without damaging our skin. We are all crazy to get that sun-kissed look and thus, include tanning in our daily schedule.
But overexposure to UV rays can cause sunburn and less time spent sunbathing can make no change in the color of your skin. The result of tanning also depends on your skin type.
Some people may get that bronzed look within few hours and some might take longer to get that perfect tanned look while sunbathing.
Besides getting that sun-kissed look, preventing your skin from sunburn is very important.
In this article, we will share with you how tan time matters and the best time to tan in the sun.
Does Tan Time Really Matter?
Throughout the day some time period is appropriate for sunbathing than the other. The UV rays of the sun is not equally intense throughout the day.
So, the efficiency of the result after sunbathing depends on the time we choose. To get the desired result try to get tan at a specific part of the day.
What Is the Best Time to Tan in the Sun?
Overexposure to the sun rays can be harmful to your health and skin. So you need to take proper protection before planning for a sunbath.
Tanning on cloudy days should be avoided to prevent sunburn. The intensity of the sun’s rays depends on the time you go for a sunbath.
Tanning on a cloudy or snowy day will not help you to get that perfect bronzed look. So, it important to know the best time of the day to get tan without any harmful side effects.
The best time for sunbathing according to the experts is from 11 am to 4 pm. During this time the sun rays do not fall directly on our skin and thus, we can prevent our skin from sunburn.
The color you get after tanning depends on your DNA and skin type. Some people can get that perfect tanned look within a short period of time while others might take longer.
If you have very sensitive and fair skin then, it is always advisable to choose a time to get tan when the rays of the sun are mild.
Always avoid overexposure to UV rays to prevent sunburn, skin cancer, and other serious side effects.
You do not always need to analyze the intensity of the UV rays and go for sun tanning as long as the sun is out.
What Is the Best Time to Tan at the Beach?
You can for tanning on the beach from 11 am to 4 pm. These are the peak hours and the sea does not reflect as many rays during this period of time.
Tanning at the beach is the same as tanning outside in any other part of your houses like your garden or the backyard.
May Be Interesting: How to Make Your Airbrush Tan Last Longer
Tips to Get a Healthy Glowing Tan
- For even coverage change your position at regular intervals during sunbath.
- Exfoliate, shower, and moisturize your skin the day before the tanning session to keep it hydrated.
- It is also important to take shower and moisturize your skin after sunbathing.
- As the UV rays can cause sunburn or skin cancer it is always advisable to use sunscreen with SPF above 15 before sunbath. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s rays.
- To prevent symptoms of tiredness during sunbath, move to the shade, and drink lots of water.
- Try to use some best tanning oils as a base tan.
- You need to be patient to get that desired tanned look. It cannot be achieved in a day. So, try to keep your tanning session short i.e., for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Include green vegetables, carrots, and sweet potatoes in your diet. These vegetables contain beta-carotene that can help you to get a better tan.
So, this is some useful information on the best time to tan in the sun. A perfect tanned look can make you look gorgeous and boost up your confidence.
As sunbathing is the cheapest way of getting tan so, you can definitely go for it by following the right time.
Though vitamin D is important for our body but overexposure to UV rays can cause some serious damage like skin cancer. So, it is always advisable to follow a perfect time while sunbathing.