People often get confused about whether it is better to shave before or after fake tanning.
When you are going for a spray tanning session then it is better to wait for a few days to make your perfect glowing tanned look last longer.
If you are shaving, waxing, or plucking hair after getting a spray tan then, you need to take extra care of your skin.
If you are going for a spray tanning session for the first time then following the spray tan routine is very important.
In this article, we will let you know that do you shave before or after fake tanning and how to prepare for your tan.
What Will Happen if You Shave After a Spray Tan?
Shaving after getting tan needs to follow a lot of post-tan care tips. You should wait for at least 12 hours if you want to shave after getting tan, to maintain your perfect glowing tan. Here are some tips you should follow after the spray tanning session.
- Use a tan extender after 3 days of getting tan.
- Avoid exfoliating after getting tan unless you want to go for a new tanning session.
- Using a new razor for shaving after tan will remove less tanning solution from your skin.
- After getting a tan do not forget to moisturize your skin in the morning and at night.
- To shave for the first time after getting the spray tan wait for at least 8 hours.
- The tanning solution will exfoliate less if you shave lightly without pressing your skin.
- Avoid baths, long showers, and swimming to make your tan last longer.
- Shaving creams available in the market contain detergents and alcohol that can remove the tanning solution from your skin if used after the spray tan. So, it is better to use oil-free body wash to shave after getting tan.
- Avoid shaving too often after getting the spray tan.
What Will Happen if I Shave Before a Spray Tan?
It is always suggested to shave at least 24 hours before spray tanning. Shaving just before the spray tanning session with a razor can leave a film on your skin, due to which the tanning solution may not adhere to your skin properly.
Here are some tan tips you should follow before the spray tanning session.
- Before going for a spray tan, beauty services like waxing, and shaving should be done.
- If you wax just before the tanning session then the wax can remain on the skin and your skin cannot hold the spray tan properly. So, it is suggested to wax a day before your appointment.
- Exfoliating before the spray tanning session can help your skin to absorb and hold the tanning solution easily. So, try to exfoliate your skin at least 4 hours before the tanning session so, that your pores get time to close back.
- Do not wear any makeup or body lotion when you are going for a spray tanning session.
- Loose-fitting dark-colored clothes are perfect for your spray tanning session.
- Use an oil-free exfoliator for exfoliating your skin before getting tan.
Some Other Tips for Shaving
- The color will fade away faster if you shave more often after getting the spray tan.
- Waxing can also remove the tanning solution along with the hair. So, it is best to wax 48 hours before the spray tanning session.
- Using a good moisturizer after the spray tan can keep your tan last longer.
May Be Interesting: How to Make Your Airbrush Tan Last Longer
So, these are some tips to make sure that you shave before or after spray tanning. As long as you are careful and take proper care of your skin you can shave even after getting a spray tan.
But shaving or waxing before tanning is the best idea to make your tan last longer without stripping your skin.
But always use good quality products for shaving. Lastly, the decision is yours whether you want to shave before or after the spray tanning session.